Man Finds Wife's $10K Ring In Dump This story had me beaming today. I love it when a disaster ends up being reversed and teaching a few important lessons! This guy threw his wife’s wedding ring away and then ended up going to the city dump where he managed to find it! An unlikely story but it just goes to show what a little perseverance and self belief can do. Man Finds Wife's $10K Ring In Dump Man Finds Wife's $10K Ring In Dump Brian McGuin was asked by his wife Anna, who realised she still had her $10k ring on in the shower, to put the piece of jewellery into her box. Brian took the ring and at the same time had picked up an old razor to throw away. He took the two objects and tossed them into the trash, obviously not thinking. The next morning he realised the mistake and the couple were obviously a bit hysterical. Brian went to look in the local dumpster but city waste management had picked up! Anna, in a desperate attempt, called up the waste management company, Wheelabrator North Broward, and they said Brian was welcome to come over to the dump and search for the ring. Although Wheelabrator North Broward were quick to let Brian come over and even levelled an area of trash where his likely ended up to help him search they did advise him to not hold much hope. Kitted out in a protective suit he trawled through dirty diapers, glass, broken pieces of furniture and worse for probably the hardest and most desperate 30 minutes of his life. Miraculously a glint between two brown bags turned out to be the ring and a shriek of happiness shocked workers around him. Brian was lucky, he found it in 30mins, but he went to the dump even though it was a no-hope. He started looking with the intent to find and he did. It may have taken him all day but I am sure he would not have given up for a long time. The two main lessons are obviously 1) pay attention to what you are doing and 2) don’t give up! He was being very blasé about the ring when he tossed it into the trash, I would imagine. If he was paying attention to the task at hand the terrible mistake would not have been made. That being said, we all make mistakes and we all will again and again. It could have been a $10 ring or even something that didn’t matter in the slightest that he tossed in the trash. Despite the odds he didn’t give up. He fought through the trash and lady luck shone her light on him as if to teach him just a small lesson “Brian, pay attention or it’ll be worse next time”. The media attention and 15minutes of fame surrounding the event must be quite fun for the pair and I am sure it’s helped create some new dynamics in their relationship. I do wonder what would have happened if he didn’t find the ring! My hope is that they could have rationalized the loss and got on with their lives but something tells me that would not have been the case! Would you have gone to the dump to search? I once lost my glasses in long grass, they went flying off my face! I looked for two hours in the middle of the night as it was late and I was very drunk but I gave up. For the sake of saving $400 on a new pair I wish I would have stayed or gone back the next day! I like to think I would not give up these days. Thanks for reading and I look forward to your comments - Man Finds Wife's $10K Ring In Dump Related Posts B Man Finds 45,000 Man Refuses to Pay $1 Maintenance to Ex-Wife Kate Middleton Ring Made Smaller
Read more here:
Man Finds Wife's $10K Ring In Dump
No comments:
Post a Comment