10-Year-Old Gives Birth, Mexico I hard of rumours this weekend that a 10 year old had given birth in Mexico. It seem these rumors have now been more or less confirmed true and the girl and baby are alive and relatively well. To summarise the 10 year old was suffering from seizures and complications that could have been life threatening. She turned up at the hospital in Puebla, a city 60miles south east of Mexico City, 31 weeks pregnant. The hospital decided to induce and birth the baby by Caesarean section. The baby was born at 3.3lbs and is sadly in intensive care right now due to pneumonia complications. Despite that the baby and mother are both doing very well considering the circumstances, the mother is visiting daily to breast feed. 10-Year-Old Gives Birth In Mexico, Thoughts 10-Year-Old Gives Birth In Mexico I wanted to share this story her on Frugal Zeitgeist after covering it on The Random Forest . These kind of stories always get me thinking about what is right or wrong and how things out of the ordinary should be dealt with. She is such a young child and now all decisions could have seriously negative impacts on her life. I guess she has a few choices. The baby could go up for adoption. This decision would be draining for the rest of her life I am very sure. She could keep the baby and bring it up herself but not being old enough to earn a wage and losing her childhood to parenthood is an extremely sad prospect. I guess if she has a strong and supportive family then her parents could take on the child as their own. In some cultures it’s normal for the grandparents to act as parents anyway! I’m sure in the coming days we are going to hear a lot more about this poor little girl. Did she get pregnant out of choice? Has she been subjected to sexual assault by a family member, family friend, teacher or stranger? I guess until the full story is out a more correct judgement about the whole situation can be made. For now, my thoughts are with the girl and the child and I hope that she comes out ok from all of this trauma at such a young age. What do you think about this story? What would you advise the girl to do? Thanks for reading - 10-Year-Old Gives Birth In Mexico Related Posts B +12 Year Old Boy Delivers Brother B.C. Health overhaul free birth control Baby Born on Philippine Airlines Flight Has No Nationality
Read the original here:
10-Year-Old Gives Birth In Mexico
No comments:
Post a Comment